Trade Exhibitors – Regulations and Conditions of Booking, 2024
1. Exhibitors must display boldly the name under which they trade.
2. Exhibitors shall accept the space allotted to them by the Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural Show (the Show) and shall operate strictly within all boundaries. Displays must be confined within these boundaries and must not encroach in any way upon public walkways or neighbouring sites. Disputes or questions should be addressed to the Trade Stand Steward c/o the Show Office.
3. Trade stand spaces are on an open site and if a tent or other structure is to be erected, the space applied for must be sufficient to include all guy ropes, base plates, vehicles etc. Given proximity to neighbouring traders, pitch access can only be fully guaranteed from the front edge(s). Market stalls will not be permitted.
4. No exhibitor may sub-let the whole or part of the space allotted or permit any other person to trade thereon.
5. All exhibitors who break the soil on the Showground for the purpose of their exhibit must restore it, make good and leave their site tidy. Exhibitors who generate litter must supply their own bins and rubbish bags. Please leave the rubbish tied up in bags for collection or take it away. Failure to do so may incur a surcharge to cover the Show’s costs of clearing up. Exhibitors may cut the grass on their site but trimmings must be removed from the Showground.
6. There is no right of exclusivity for products, brands or services unless expressly agreed with the Show Office.
7. Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that business is conducted in an orderly manner and that nothing is done that would prejudice the reputation of the Show or interfere with other standholders in any way.
8. Dangerous weapons: The promotion and/or sale of offensive or dangerous weapons or toys such as guns, peashooters, laser guns/pens, sporting knives, catapults and BB guns is strictly forbidden. Any exhibitor found displaying, promoting or selling such items will be removed from the Showground immediately without any form of refund or compensation.
9. Appeals, competitions, draws, raffles, balloons etc: these will not be allowed under any circumstances. No hawkers, itinerant traders or photographers (unless officially licensed by the Show Director).
10. For the prevention of nuisance, the demonstration of chain saws and other noisy machinery and the use of loud hailers, radios, loudspeakers and musical instruments (or any method likely to cause annoyance) is prohibited without the express permission of the Show. The Stewards and Officials of the Show shall have the power to remove from the Showground any exhibitor who trades and behaves as above, any exhibitor whose goods and activities are not as described on the application form and/or any vendor of cheapjack goods. The definition of what constitutes ‘annoyance’, ‘nuisance’, ‘noisy’ and ‘cheapjack’ shall rest entirely with Stewards and Officials of the Show.
11. Trade stand space must be paid for within terms of invoice issued. Only full payment secures a booking. Exhibitors with payments outstanding will not be permitted to trade.
12. Cancellation: if an exhibitor wishes to cancel their trade stand booking, fees paid will only be refunded if the cancellation is received in writing sixty days or more before the Show opens. A £50 deduction will be made to cover administrative costs.
13. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times unless competing. All other animals at the Show must be properly supervised.
14. Unless accepted as an exhibitor in Food Hall, Grape & Grain or as an authorised on-site catering vendor, under no circumstances shall exhibitors or anyone else on their stand be allowed to sell or receive money for refreshments and confectionery of any description. Tobacco products and vapes are not permitted for sale. Exhibitors may provide (on their own trade stand) refreshments for their customers free of charge.
15. Duly authorised vendors of food and drink must be registered under the Food Premises Regulation Registrations with their local authority and must supply details of this with their application.
16. On-site catering stands commit to providing evidence of trading data for each day of trading on site from which a 20% commission on net sales is then payable immediately, less any deposit already paid.
17. Vehicles: Vehicle access to trade stands will be permitted only until 08:00 each day and any such vehicles must be removed from the Showground or parked within the confines of the stand’s boundary by 08:30 at the latest. No vehicle access will be granted to the Showground after 08:00. Vehicles arriving after 08:00 will have to park in the Trade Exhibitor vehicle park and goods intended for the trader’s stand must be carried onto the Showground from there. Only vehicles parked within the boundaries of the exhibitor’s trade stand space will be permitted to remain on the Showground after 08:30 each day and are not then to be moved until 18:30. Trade stands must be in full operation until 18:00 each day.
All Exhibitors’ vehicles should be parked in the Trade Exhibitor vehicle park and must display a valid parking pass. These are free of charge and should be ordered at the time of application.
Vehicle movement on the Showground at the end of each day will not normally be permitted before 18:30, however this time may be varied earlier or later at the discretion of the Show’s Health & Safety Officer. Exhibitors wishing to leave the Showground should remove their vehicles before 20:00. The Showground will be secured at that time with no further vehicle movements within the Showground until 06:00 the following day.
18. Trade stand spaces may be occupied from 08:00 on the Thursday prior to the Show and must be vacated by 13:00 on the Wednesday after the Show, after which time a daily charge may be made. If they are not occupied by 08:00 on the first day of the Show (Sunday) the space will be reallocated to another exhibit. The showground gates will be locked at 20:00 on set-up days.
19. Electricity: The use of generators is totally prohibited on the Showground. If a supply of electricity is required, this must be booked directly with our electrical contractor. Visit https://order.excellelectrical.com/ and enter access code: EO24.
20. Water: Should you require water, or a stand pipe on your site please contact the Show Director to arrange this within 30 days of the dates of the Show. Provision cannot be guaranteed after this time. Additional charges will apply.
21. Insurance: The exhibitor assumes responsibility for their stand and all items exhibited therein, and accepts liability for all claims arising out of the exhibition, handling and housing of such exhibits and the conduct of the stand generally. The exhibitor shall indemnify the Show against all claims, damages or expenses whatsoever in any way arising out of the presence of the exhibitor and their exhibits on the Showground. All exhibitors must hold a minimum of £5,000,000 public and product liability insurance and provide proof of this insurance cover together with a completed risk assessment form. Acceptance of this provision is a condition of entry.
22. Security: Trade exhibitors are responsible for the security of their stand and the safekeeping of all items within.
23. Legal compliance: It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure they are familiar with all relevant and applicable legislation for Health & Safety, fire prevention, animal health, welfare & hygiene, vehicles, plant equipment etc and to manage their compliance thereof and the compliance of any subcontractor working on their behalf. The Event Safety Officer may require sight of relevant documentation and conduct checks to ensure compliance. All marquees erected by subcontractors must be checked and signed off by The Event Safety Officer before the subcontractor leaves site. The Event Safety Officer is authorised by the Show to order an exhibitor to cease trading and may order removal of a stand from the Showground.
24. Coronavirus: The Show will implement any government restrictions and best practice advice required both during the build-up and operation of the Show. The exhibitor assumes responsibility for ensuring that their trade stand, exhibits and activities comply with all legal requirements and best practice COVID-19 advice as may be in place at the time of the event to protect the safety of exhibitors and public alike.
25. Force majeure: Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the event takes place as planned, if natural disaster, extreme weather, act of God, war, act or threat of terror, civil commotion, fire, disease or death of a monarch should prevent the Show from running or substantially curtail its activities the Show shall not be liable for any losses incurred and no refund of fees will be made.
26. The Show will not be responsible for death, injury, disease or loss caused to any exhibitor or to their servant or agent or any animal, insect, bird or thing of whatever nature.
27. Data Protection (GDPR): All data provided for the purpose of exhibiting at the Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural Show will be stored on the Show’s systems and databases; this data will be retained and used to keep exhibitors informed about the event. The Show will publish information about exhibitors in the printed Show Catalogue for visitors and on the Show’s website.
28. The Show may, from time to time and at its discretion, use photographs of trade stands for marketing purposes and may name and publicise the presence of exhibitors at the Show. This could include (but not be limited to) the Show’s website, print, online and social media advertising, brochures, signage and presentations.
For questions or clarification, please contact the Show Office on email@example.com or call 01342 832307.