The Show to be held at Ardenrun, Lingfield, Surrey on Sunday 29th & Monday 30th August 2021 and thereafter at such place the Council may deem desirable.
By entering competition classes at the Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural Show, you, and all of your associated party, agreed to abide by the rules and regulations set out below.
1. Exhibits are invited from nurserymen, growers and public sector contractors. All trade entries must be made on the official form and must be received together with correct entry fees no later than 30th June 2021. No exception can be made to this rule. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery. Entry fees will not be refunded in the event of an exhibitor’s failure to stage any of the exhibits entered. Entries made after this date will not be accepted.
2. Applications will be subject to a selection process and the Committee reserves the right to reject any application as availability of space is limited.
3. With space being limited, it is important that none should be wasted. If an exhibitor wishes to cancel their booking, this will only be refunded if the cancellation is received in writing to the Show Office thirty days or more before the Show opens. A £25 deduction will be made to cover administrative costs.
4. Should cancellation of the event be necessary after entries have been made, exhibitors will be offered a refund or carry-over to a subsequent event of all entry fees paid. The Show accepts no liability for additional expenses incurred by exhibitors in the event of cancellation.
5. Excavations are not permitted in the Horticultural Marquee.
6. Danish trolleys are not to be used for the display of plant material.
7. All staging will be provided by the Show Organisers (see point 14 below and p5-6 above).
8. Only exhibitors producing a valid Horticultural Exhibitor’s Pass will be admitted for the purpose of set-up and clearing of exhibits.
9. Exhibitors will be able to access the marquee to set up from 9.00am on Thursday 26th August and must be completed by 8.00am on Sunday 29th August; judging will commence at 8.15am. The marquee will open to the public from 10.00am on Sunday 29th August, after the judging has been completed, and will close at 5.30pm. On Monday 30th August the marquee will open at 9.00am and exhibitors will be permitted to sell from their stands at 4.00pm, with the marquee closing at 5.00pm at the Stewards’ discretion. Exhibits should be maintained in the condition in which they are judged throughout the Show. Any group not so maintained will forfeit any prize monies and application for space in future years will be refused. No part of the exhibit is to be removed or taken away until 4.00pm on Monday 30th August at which point sold items can be collected.
10. Stands must be manned at all times when the Horticultural Marquee is open to the public.
11. Two sales tables will be supplied and positioned by the Stewards. These cannot be moved without permission from the Horticulture Chairman and no extensions will be allowed. The appearance of the Sales Area will be taken into account when judging trade exhibits. The tables should be covered with the same type of material as that which is used on the main staging and be draped to the floor to ensure a uniform appearance. Sales tables should be maintained in a presentable condition that does not distract from the main exhibit. Boxes or pots on the selling table must be covered and kept neat and tidy.
12. Only plants grown by the exhibitor may be sold from these tables. Items not relating to horticulture are not permitted to be sold.
13. Exhibitors will be permitted to sell catalogues and packets of seeds from exhibition trays that must not exceed 2’6” x 2’. No more than two seed trays are permitted and must be sited so as not to distract from the main exhibit.
14. Please indicate on the application form the frontage / length of staging that you require along with your desired staging option. Staging is free of charge and is only available in the sizes and variations stated. If you wish to have your exhibit on the ground, but require edge boards, please indicate this on the application form by writing “on ground” in the staging option section. For safety reasons, exhibitors are not permitted to stand on the staging. Staging cannot be altered upon arrival at the Show and must be booked in advance. Black or dark green backing cloth should be used by Exhibitors. Cloths of other colours may be permitted subject to the approval of the Stewards. Where exhibitors have selling tables, they are expected to provide sufficient cloth to cover the table and back the selling area. The same type of materials as used on the main staging must be used to ensure a uniform appearance. The framing for backing around the sides will be 8’ in height and will be extended across to include the selling area. Exhibits will be arranged under the direction of the Stewards and, when staged, may not be removed, with the exception of sales, until the termination of the Show. All exhibits must be correctly and distinctly named. Error in naming will not result in disqualification but the judges will recognise correctness and distinctness of naming as telling in favour of an Exhibitor. Exhibitors must display name boards fixed to the back rail and not exceeding 12” x 9”, showing their name, address and telephone number. One board at each end of a wall site is permitted and on island sites one board on each side.
15. Subject to the approval of Stewards, no more than one “Collection Offer” card may be displayed by each Exhibitor. These should be in close proximity to the collections to which they refer; the maximum size of the cards to be 9” x 7” containing the name and cost of the collection neatly printed in black type on white. An Exhibitor may charge for catalogues and price lists and a card may be attached, not exceeding 24 sq. ins. bearing the words “Catalogue Price”. Catalogues and price lists must be neatly displayed in appropriate holders.
16. All exhibits must be of a horticultural nature and must have been grown by the Exhibitor or their employee for at least two months prior to the date of the Show. Artificial material is not permitted to make up any part of the exhibit. The Edenbridge & Oxted Agricultural Show expects a high standard of plants and presentation to be adhered to at all times. All packaging and waste should be kept out of site from the public. Exhibitors with central sites should ensure that space between their exhibit and the exhibit behind is masked to keep a tidy appearance. Stand pipes will be available for general watering purposes.
17. Judges have the power to withhold prizes in any class if they think the exhibits to be unworthy. Their decision is final.
18. Prize money will be paid electronically into the entrant’s nominated bank account after the event. Entrants should take care to ensure they enter the correct information on the entry form.
19. All exhibitors and their assistants shall leave the place of exhibition punctually at the time appointed for judging, and any exhibitor or their assistant who remains in the place of exhibition after the time stated for judging shall be liable to have their exhibits disqualified.
20. Any exhibitor obtaining or attempting to obtain a prize fraudulently will forfeit any prize money or prize. The prize will be awarded to the competitor next in order of merit.
21. Any protest must be made in writing and handed to a Steward before 12 noon on Sunday 29th August 2021.
22. Each horticultural trade exhibitor will receive one free vehicle pass. This provides access to the rear of the Horticulture Marquee. All Exhibitors’ vehicles parked in the Horticultural vehicle park must display a valid parking pass.
23. Exhibitors will be allocated 2 passes for both days of the Show. Additional passes can be purchased in advance of the Show for £18 each per day.
24. Horticultural trade exhibitors may use the Show’s camping facilities by booking a camping pass with their entry. A pass is needed for a tent, caravan or motor home and these must be sited in the Trade Stands Camping area. Camping passes for trade exhibitors are free of charge but must be booked in advance.
25. Security will be on site from Thursday 26th – Tuesday 31st August and a Security officer will be provided to man the Horticultural Exhibitors gate from Sunday 29th – Monday 30th August. While security is provided for the duration of the Show and every precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of exhibits, exhibitors are reminded that exhibits are left at their own risk. The organisers, their officers and servants will not be responsible for loss or damage of any exhibit or privately owned apparatus and fittings, either at the Show or in transit, nor for loss or damage to any vehicle brought into the Showground during the period of occupation of the Edenbridge and Oxted Agricultural Show.The exhibitor assumes responsibility for their stand and all items exhibited therein, and accepts liability for all claims arising out of the exhibition, handling and housing of such exhibits and the conduct of the stand generally. The exhibitor shall indemnify the Show against all claims, damages or expenses whatsoever in any way arising out of the presence of the exhibitor and their exhibits on the Showground. All exhibitors must hold public liability insurance for the minimum limit £5m indemnity and provide proof of this insurance cover together with a completed risk assessment form to the Show Office upon application for a stand.
26. All exhibitors must conform to the Rules and Regulations and must carry out any instructions given by the Stewards in charge. The Show Organisers reserve the right to withhold all prize money from any exhibitor breaking any of these rules.
27. Exhibitors will be wholly responsible for any claims made by any person or persons whom they employ under the Employers’ Liability Act or the Workmens Compensation Act, 1925, or any amendment thereof or otherwise and shall indemnify the Show Organisers against all such claims and against all costs and proceedings in respect thereof.
28. The Event Safety Officer is the designated COVID-19 officer for the Show and will be assisted by the Show’s stewards, security and medical staff. The Show will implement any government restrictions and best practice advice required both during the build-up and operation of the Show. These may include social distancing, signage, hand sanitising stations, requirement to wear face masks, areas with limited access and controlled routes of flow. The exhibitor assumes responsibility for ensuring that their trade area, exhibits and activities comply with all legal requirements and best practice COVID-19 advice as may be in place at the time of the event to protect the safety of exhibitors and public alike. Exhibitors undertake, if requested, to provide a specific risk assessment relating to such compliance and to provide any personal protective equipment, signage and consumables such as masks, screens, sanitiser etc as may be required or advised.
29. In the event that the Show is postponed or cancelled, the Show undertakes to offer Exhibitors the option of a full refund or of carrying forward their booking and payment to the rescheduled event.If local/regional COVID restrictions specifically prevent an exhibitor from attending, the exhibitor may apply to the Show Office for a discretionary refund.If the Show is permitted to proceed but with a cap on public attendance numbers, this will not provide grounds for a refund either in part or in full.
31. By entering a competition class you permit the Show Organisers to use your name and photographs of your exhibit in our publicity material. This could be online, in print and could be supplied to third party media organisations for publication.
32. The Show Organisers reserve to themselves the sole and absolute right to interpret these or any other prescribed regulations and conditions, entry forms or sheets, and arbitrarily to settle or determine all or any matters questions or differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with or incident to the Show; also to refuse or cancel awards or prizes, medals or reserve numbers or alter any conditions as the Show Organisers may deem expedient. Also to substitute other judges for those announced, or to make additional appointments, and reserve the right to refuse entries.